Saturday, November 7, 2015

New to this

Just created the site. I'm going to record my trials and tribulations on building my way to a HIM (half ironman). I've started training 2 weeks ago. Problems to overcome are back pain and finding time to train.

Last year, summertime, I hurt my back, sciatica on left side. This year I think I hurt it resulting in a bulging disc, with pain on right side of back that radiates to the right hip and down the right anterior thigh.  no official diagnosis yet. But a medrol dose pack and flexiril helped. Good for a month then did it again, and it's not doing anything abnormal, just bending over wrong. So I decided I need to get in shape again, or once in for all, and rejoined beginnertriathlete.com, developed a training plan and started training again.

I have been doing good with the training. Tired and sore, but feeling rewarded with the knowledge that I am doing something to better my health. Until last night at work, trying to help move a patient and reaching across the bed, felt a pull again, on the right side again. Took a flexiril this morning and when to bed, woke up and yeah, the pain is still there.

The challenges of getting in shape is hard enough without the addition of injury. I have to get it together. Work on more strengthen for core. I am going to drive to NC tomorrow spend a couple days at Natalie's so I will take one or two of my tri training books and see what plans I can make to achieve this.

For today, I've been awake almost 4 hours now and haven't moved from my heating pad. I did start this blog site and one day when I'm famous, for the oldest triathlete probably, I will publish. I am still trying to figure out what to do on this site. I want to put some of the links to the tri's I want to complete on here, but don't know how yet. Little by little, I'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment